Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Workouts and Lockouts

I dragged myself back to the gym yesterday after having missed it for about three weeks and was hoping that my muscle memory didn't have amnesia.  It didn't - I'm being reminded of it with every move today!  So after the gym we went over to my father-in-law's house to meet with the minister and plan out my mother-in-law's service then took dad to lunch aftrerwards.  Got home and took the dog out back with me while I pulled some weeds.  The hubby comes out to say goodbye and takes off for the office but not before locking me out of the house!  Thank goodness I had my iPhone in my pocket so I call him and he turns it around.  In the meantime I'm pacing the patio after having downed about a gallon of water after my workout and had to...well, you know.  The sound of water splashing over from the spa into the pool certainly didn't help the situation!

Mind you, this is not the first time he's done that.  The first time was when my now 16-year old son was just a baby.  He and our older son decided to go on a bike ride to the beach on our tandem bike (yes, we have a bicycle built for two, but it's a kicked-up version!) while the baby was napping and I was catching some sun.  They were great and brought me some water, the phone, and the baby monitor before they took off on their ride and locking me out of the house!  Do you sense a theme here?  Let's just say that I got revenge without even making an effort.  The baby continued sleeping peacefully, I continued my sunning, and they got the workout of their lives beating it back to the house!  That part still makes me smile.

So as I cooled my heels yesterday waiting for him to get back my thoughts, of course, turned to dinner.  We have a joke between us that if he ever comes home and finds tuna casserole on the table for dinner, he'll know that there will be a serving of divorce papers for dessert.  When he first got married he asked that I never cook two things; Tuna Casserole and Hamburger Helper.  He said he'd eaten enough of that as a poor college student and could certainly afford to eat better now.  Like I would ever serve that hideous stuff anyway!  But, with the advent of Tuna Helper (gag) I was seriously considering serving it up and adding extra peas, which he hates.  Did I?  Of course not.  What I made instead was Spicy Seared Tuna with Sauteed Baby Bok Choy, Soy Butter and Wasabi Sauce.  Lucky man!


No comments:

Post a Comment