Thursday, October 7, 2010

Here's a question for you:  Say you have a friend who calls you up asking if you and your family would like to join him and his family on the beautiful South Carolina coastline next week while our kids are out of school, then mentions that we can all fly up together in his private jet.  Do you (A) play it cool and tell him you'll have to check your schedule and get back to him, or (B) do you hang up the phone and run to grab a suitcase so fast you leave a vacuum in your wake?  Yeah...I thought so.

I've been blessed with incredible and generous friends from all walks of life.  Some rich and some poor; some famous and others who are just regular people like me.  I don't care what you have or don't have, what I do care about is if you have a good heart and treat people kindly.  All I want from a friend is what I try to give to mine; respect, support, kindness, love, and sprinkling of humor to keep it interesting.

It's interesting how, not too long after blogging about a local eatery featuring Lowcountry cuisine, that I'll find myself right in the heart of  South Carolina's Lowcountry itself.  Actually, I'm not sure I'm doing this type of food honor by calling it "cuisine."  It's down home cookin', plain and simple!  I've always wanted to go to Charleston and stroll its beautiful historic streets and taste the food that is a melting pot of culinary influences from all over the globe.  Looks like now I'll get my chance!  Maybe I'll put together a Lowcountry Boil while we're there to thank my friends for including us.
Cheers, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment