Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm Bringing Funny Back!

I'm done with the morose theme of my last few posts.  Yes, our family is going through a very difficult time right now, but I need to pull myself up by the bootstraps and carry on.  I'm not easily defeated, but I do have my moments.

So last night was not a great one for me but, thankfully, I can see the humor in the whole fiasco.  While still recovering from oral surgery, I woke up at 3:15 AM with my jaw throbbing, my throat on fire, and a headache that took up residence behind my left eye.  By that time the hubby was well immersed into "lumberjack-land" and sawing logs like he was on a mission to mow down a forest. The Greenpeace people should be up in arms!  He also managed to steal all the covers and the dog escaped her kennel and decided that my side of the bed looked pretty comfy to her and did her best to take over all the space. I tend to pick my battles and admitted defeat.  Off to the guest room I went where I knew it would be quiet and I wouldn't have a dog breathing in my face.

Great...the carriage lights on the outside of our house glare right into our guest room.  I now offer an apology to anyone who has ever spent a night there.  Toss & turn, toss & turn, ouch, ouch, ouch!  Okay, that's enough!   I break down and take a couple of Advil at around 5:45.  I seriously considered taking the prescribed Hydrocodone but didn't want to find myself clinging to the ceiling like a cat on fire or completely passed out. Wonderful options, right?

Hey, tomorrow is a new day and I get to pack for some time away with friends.  A very casual next few days are on the agenda.  Much needed and much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment