Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Fall"ing Into October

About a week ago, on the cusp of October, a friend of mine asked if I was planning anything grand to blog about for Octoberfest...umm, not really. He challenged me to create a cocktail to celebrate the Fall.  While I'm not a Mixologist, I have experienced a near fall at the hands of one.  Let's just say it was a Dark & Stormy night!  I'm more of a pop-the-top/cork kind of girl so mixing it up behind the bar really doesn't resonate with me unless I'm on the receiving end.  I'm thinking about a Pumpkin Martini...we'll see.

Having said that, though, I did come up with a quick and easy menu tonight that's definitely a nod to Octoberfest.  Beer-Braised Brats with Sauteed Onions & Saeurkraut and Pickled Beets. 

Job done, I hope!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment