Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pizza and Pumpkin Bread

Another busy day comes to a satisfying end.  Took the son to school, hit the gym, spent our children's inheritance at Sam's Club, follow-up visit with the oral surgeon, finally some lunch, home, unload the car from aforementioned trip to Sam's, son stays after school to work on a project, pick him up, home for 45 minutes and back out the door to take him to driver's ed class.  Whew...breathe!  In the meantime we're waiting for my sister-in-law to get back into town with the hopes of meeting her and the father-in-law for dinner.  It's a no go as she was getting in too late and we still needed to pick our son up from his class so he could come home and start on his homework.  Off to a local Italian eatery we went.  Bizzarros!  Any of my local friends will appreciate this one.  Best pizza in town...hands down!

We pick our son up and head back home (with a small pizza in hand for him) and settle in for the evening.  This feels like the calm before the storm. I wash my hair and shave my legs while I can because the whole family rolls into town tomorrow and my house seems to be home-base. On the menu tomorrow; homemade pumpkin bread!  Have to balance out the fruit I'll also be serving for breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. It must have been a "shaving legs" day! :) Anyways, pumpkin bread sounds really good, I might just have to make some tomorrow. Oh BTW, I was wondering if you had a recipe for cheesecake. I keep trying different ones looking for the best. I have one that I really like so far but want more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when my later brother, Gary, was in Nam, my Mom made him dozens of can of Pumpkin bread. No one in his unit had ever eaten pumpkin bread. So Gary would write and ask for more cans of it. I recall one time we sent out 50 cans of bread to him. He said it was gone with in an hour when he got it. We even sent the receipt t We used all shapes and sizes of Coffee Cso they could make it when they got back to the USA. ns to fix it back then. WOuld just send it in the can with the lids on. When he was KIA, we kept sending the bread to the members that were still in Nam. in 1995, His unit, First Of the Ninth, Fist Cav, were having their first reunion at LZ St Louis, members of the unit requested we attend, many walked up to my Mom thanking her for making the bread. All said since beingback to The World, they have made it and thought about her makingit and sending it to them.
    I must say now that you mention it, I may make some soon.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that should say Late Brother.. Also the. is missing after receipt it was suppose to say We sent the receipt to thm so they could make it when they got back to The World..Sorry for the screw up. but I think you get the jest of the message.

    ReplyDelete