Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life Is A Test!

Just when I thought the healing process could begin after losing my mother-in-law just three short weeks ago, I accompanied my mom to her doctor's office this morning only to be handed the diagnosis of cervical cancer.  Her doctor had suspected as much about 3 months ago but put her on a progesterone regime to see if that would fix the issue.  It didn't.  She now has Grade 1 cancer cells which will only get worse without a hysterectomy.  Mom is 76-years-old and I'm worried about this kind of major surgery at her age.  I'm confident that the surgery will fix everything and that nothing has spread, but it's still quite the ordeal to face.  My home will soon become her place for recovery and I'll need to be available to her 24/7. 

I'm trying my best to be strong, but the holidays are looming and I have a major fund-raiser I'm knee deep into that's due at the end of January.  Yeah, I'm feeling incredibly overwhelmed and I hate the fact that I'm showing my weakness, but one can only take so much!  Having said that, I'm culling a few of my commitments.  I need to focus on my family and, maybe for the first time in my life, myself.  I need a break and am going to take it at the first opportunity.

Thanks, friends, for listening and letting me vent a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. But it is fortunate that they have found it early and can take the measures that are needed. Jeff preforms hysterectomies every week, If you want to ask him any questions, I'm sure he would be more than happy to talk with you.
    You have shown such strength and although I haven't known you long, I know that you are such a caring and loving person. Your Mom is so lucky to have you there for her. We will have you in our prayers :)
    Also, vent away anytime! It's good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete