Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome to Food for Thought!

I finally took the plunge and dove headfirst into the blogging world.  I'm not sure if I'm jumping from the frying pan into the fire, but I think I can take the heat.  Pun intended.

You may be asking yourself, "Who is this woman and why would I want to read anything she has to say?"  Let me take a moment to answer those burning questions.   I'm a woman who has spent the last 23 years raising children, supporting my husband's career, and doing some great things in my community.  I got two incredible "bonus"children when I married my husband and spent 6 years trying to conceive one I didn't have to send back when the visitation period was over.  Finally, through the miracle of modern science, I gave birth to a beautiful son in 1994.  It's recently dawned on me that my beautiful baby boy will be off to college in about a year and a half and I'd better figure out what I'm going to focus on once he's gone.  Thus, the birth of this blog...my newest baby.

As you might have guessed by the name of this blog and its description, I love to cook and please people through my food.  To quote a dear friend of mine who happens to be an award-winning executive chef, "Food is love.  Love is life.  Cook from the heart."  Well said.  I come from a long line of country cooks but I like to think outside the deep-fryer.  I'm not afraid to try new things and just make it up as I go.  My Facebook posts of my food experiments have gotten my friends begging for recipes and has really been the catalyst for this blog.  I'm going to make a concious effort to actually develop recipes instead of just going on instinct.  Actually, that's not true.  I'll still follow my instincts, but I'll try to actually measure as I go and write it all down.  Recipe development...yeah, that's the ticket!

To all who read this...thank you!  To those who never will...that's okay, too.  Join me on this journey and get a glimpse of the world through my eyes.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. About time Mom...looking forward to watching you, your recipes, and your blog develop:) Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting blog! look forward to the next dish1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will follow with great anticipation !! I will be your official taste tester! Lol

    ReplyDelete